Incorporates Holstein UK & HYB
We understand that your privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. This notice sets out what we do with your personal information, what we do to keep it secure, from where and how we collect it, as well as your rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you.
This policy applies if you interact with us by telephone, online, at events or otherwise by using any of our websites or communicate with us on social media.
1. Holstein UK Group
The businesses which make up the Holstein UK Group currently are:
- Holstein UK
- Registration number: 03674328
- Registered Office: Holstein UK, Speir House, Stafford Park 1, Telford, Shropshire, TF3 3BD
- The Cattle Information Service (CIS)
- Registration number: SC144462
- Registered Office: The Cattle Information Service Limited, 9 Queens Road, Aberdeen
- National Bovine Data Centre Ltd (NBDC)
- Registration number: 10052419
- Registered Office: National Bovine Data Centre Ltd, Speir House, Stafford Park 1, Telford, Shropshire, TF3 3BD
Divisions within Holstein UK include UK Dairy Day and Holstein Young Breeders (HYB).
We may add further companies to the Holstein UK Group in the future. When we do so, we will update this notice.
2. Your Data
3. What personal information do we hold?
- Information that you provide to us such as your name, address, herd prefix, herd data, date of birth, telephone number, email address, bank account and any feedback you give to us, including by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with us via social media.
- Information about the products and services that we provide to you (including for example, the things we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid, the way you use our products and services, and so on).
- Information on the awards and show results related to your business and herd.
- Your membership login to access the member portal, including your user name and chosen password.
- Information about whether or not you want to receive marketing communications from us.
- Information about any device you have used to access our website and apps (such as your device’s make and model, browser or IP address) and also how you use our products and services. For example, we try to identify which of our apps you use and when and how you use them. If you use our website, we try to identify when and how you use the website.
- Your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us, including whether that communication has been opened and if you have clicked on any links within that communication. We want to make sure that our communications are useful for you, so if you don’t open them or don’t click on any links in them, we know we need to make improvements.
- Information from other sources such vets, breed societies, consultants, tag companies, BCMA, DEFRA, AHDB and social media providers, as well as information that is publicly available.
4. How we collect data
We may collect and process Your Data in the following circumstances:
- When you join as a member or customer and/or open an account by completing an application form;
- When you register to use our online portals
- When you make an enquiry by phone or email
- Whenever you or a third party provide Your Data on an online form
- When you contact us via our social media platforms
- When you enter an award or class
- When you become a sponsor, club co-ordinator, judge, club secretary or trustee
- Whenever you provide Your Data to us when reporting a problem, making a complaint, making an enquiry or contacting us for any other reason;
5. How do we use your personal information?
There are a number of ways in which we use your personal information, depending on how you interact with us. We may use your information in the following ways:
- To provide you with information on our products and services available to you. On using our products and services we will use the information provided to process your order, provide you with requirements and process payment.
- To notify you about business news and changes within the Holstein UK group and subsidiary businesses.
- To undertake analysis and profiling to help us understand more about our customers. That includes understanding the products and services you use which helps us improve our service level. Insight captured helps us to inform you of products, services, event and offers that are more relevant to you.
- To process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by you
- To contact you about your membership, account, events, awards, products and services from us and our subsidiary businesses. We may also contact you in relation to any questions you have raised with us or to discuss your membership or account.
- To investigate any suspected breach of terms of service by or otherwise relating to you
6. Retention of data
- Where you are a registered member and/or an account holder we retain Your Data for as long as you remain an active member or account holder. Where you decide to cancel your membership or terminate your account, your membership/account will be de-activated and Your Data will remain on our secure systems for 6 years to comply with audit regulations.
- Where you have subscribed to receive marketing correspondence from us we will keep your personal data for marketing purposes whilst your membership and/or account remains active. This is subject to exercising your right to unsubscribe from receiving such correspondence at any time.
- Where you are a registered user of our online portals we will store Your Data for the benefit of the group for as long as the group requires.
7. Supplier Data
If you are one of our suppliers we will collect details such as a contact name, email address, telephone number and bank details in order to contact you about goods and/or services we have ordered from you, to place further orders and to pay you for the goods or services supplied. We may share your data with our employees to manage our relationship with you and we will keep the personal data for as long as we require your goods and services and for a period of 6 years further to being provided with the goods/services.
8. If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide the data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
In addition to the uses described in sections 5, we may also use Your Data for our legitimate interests including for marketing, market research and related purposes, such as:
- Providing you with information about our products and services, or related products and services from sponsors or other third parties via email/post/telephone/text which may be of interest to you;
- Asking you to participate in market research, for example surveys about topical issues, our services and products. We will always try to tell you before you participate in a survey how any information you provide in the survey will be used.
- You have a right to opt-out of receiving any marketing information (from ourselves and/or a third party) at any time. To opt-out of receiving such information you can:
Amend your preferences accordingly on our membership and account database and online portal
10. Disclosure of Your Data to Third Parties
In addition to the third parties mentioned above, we may disclose Your Data to third parties for our legitimate interests as follows:
- To our employees and agents to administer your membership/customer account
- To payment providers to process online payments for our goods and/or services
- HM Revenue and Customs, regulators and other authorities who require reports of processing activities in certain circumstances
- Marketing organisations to assist with the distribution of our marketing correspondence
- To delivery companies for the supply of products
- To vets and consultants to support the advisory service for herds
- To a third party who either acquires or attempts to acquire all or substantially all of the assets in our company, or our website whether by merger, acquisition, reorganisation or otherwise.
- To the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisers in connection with any alleged criminal offence or suspected breach of the Terms of Service or where we are under a duty to disclose or share Your Data in order to comply with any legal obligation
- To governing and representative bodies of the dairy and agricultural industry
11. Data Security
Where you have a password which enables you to access certain parts of our online portals, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
12. Links to other websites
Our website at times will include links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these when you leave our group websites and we encourage you to read the privacy notice/policy of every website you visit.
13. Access to Data
You have a right to request access to the personal data that we hold about you. This could include information relating to you membership and services you have used. If you would like to request a copy of your personal data, please contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
14. Rectification of Data
If any of the personal data that we hold about you is incorrect, you have a right to request that we correct this. You can call the Holstein UK membership services team or alternatively, to notify us of any corrections please contact us by email to email@example.com
15. Deletion of Data
You have a right to request us to erase any data that we hold about you, or to object to our use and processing of your data. If the only lawful basis on which we can process your personal data is that you have given your consent, we are obliged to comply with your request. In other circumstances we may need to continue to hold and process your data (for example where needed for safety, security or legal purposes, or to protect our legitimate interests). If this is the case, we will notify you of the reason. If you would like to exercise this right for deletion of data please contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
16. Right to withdraw consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of data processing based on consent before it is withdrawn. To withdraw your consent please contact us by email to email@example.com
17. Data Protection
We are registered in accordance with the Data Protection Act; our registration number is Z1863916.
All emails to Holstein UK Group are communications to the company and are not private or confidential to any named individual.
19. Contact Us
This is in addition to your right to contact the Information Commissioners Office if you are unsatisfied with our response to any issues you raise at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us
Holstein UK, Speir House, Stafford Park 1, Telford, Shropshire, TF3 3BD
Phone: 01923 695200
© Copyright Holstein UK
All Rights Reserved. E&OE
Last updated 25 May 2018